JOIN THE TEAM
To be considered for employment as a Camden Police Officer, applicants must meet the minimum following requirements
- • Citizen of the United States
• High School graduate or GED equivalent
• At least 21 years of age
• No Felony convictions
• Must pass a physical and psychological examination and drug screen
• Must pass Police Officer Examination and be interviewed by the Civil Service Commission
• Must pass an extensive background investigation
• Must pass a physical agility test
• Candidates should make themselves familiar with the Department's tattoo, piercing, and body scarring policy.
- On the Camden Police Departments physical agility test applicants must score an average of 3 to be qualified. See scores below.
- Physical Agility Test
- Written Examination
- Oral Examination
- Background Investigation
- Starting salary range is $29K-$30K
- Uniform allowance is $900 first year, $600 annually thereafter
- Take home vehicle benefit after 1 year, for employees residing in Camden
- Educational Incentive Pay up to 10% of base salary (based on college credit hours)
- Certificate Pay up to 10% of base salary
- Shift Differential Pay
- Three weeks paid annual vacation (accrue 15 days of vacation leave annually)
- Sick leave benefits (accrue 15 days first year of employment, 20 days thereafter)
- Health and Life Insurance premiums for the employee and the majority of family coverage are paid by the City of Camden
- Excellent retirement benefits
The city of Camden is an EOE.
To apply you can download an application here. Return completed applications to the Camden Police Department or City Hall.